Unique Tube Amps for Guitar
JMP Super Lead
Vintage Tube Amp Repairs by Ron
After building several custom tube amps it became apparent that I had too many amps. I put several on consignment at a local guitar shop and posted them on Craig's List. Ever since then, people have called me to see if I could repair their old amps and effects.
Here are photos of some of the amp repairs.
- Kay 730-c
- The Kay 730 is a bargain bin '60s amp with some unusual tubes. The amp is in pretty bad shape, but it has great tone - perfect for grunge
- Royal Freshman
- The Royal Freshman is a very cheap '60s amp with tremolo and reverb.
- Acoustic 370
- The Acoustic 370 is a solid state amp that sounds incredible. This one needed a bunch of work.
- Marshall JMP Super Lead 100 Watt
- Here's a Marshall JMP Super Lead 100 watt amp that sounds like 70's rock & roll heaven, even through my lousy 10" Marshall speaker.
- Valco Tremo-Tone
- A really neat Valco Tremo-Tone that needed a bit of work to get the tremolo (it's actually vibrato) working - for those that like surf music.
Check out my tube guitar amp repair blog (on MySpace)
Natural health research and writing is my main career. I'm a licensed naturopathic physician. www.naturdoctor.com and LinkedIn
Building and selling tube amps for guitar and HiFi is a hobby based on my previous career as an Electrical Engineer. Ampersand Amps