- Cleansing Diet for Detoxification and Liver_Flush
- These articles summarizes the recommendations for a cleansing diet used for detoxification.
- Specialty Alternative Medical Lab Tests
- Naturopathic medical doctors use special lab tests to identify the cause of disease. Based on the results of thes lab tests, they can design a specific nutritional program to address the cause.
- The Most Important Things To Should Know About Cholesterol
- High cholesterol is a very common problem yet complex problem. In this article I discuss several of the natural remedies that have been shown to reduce cholesterol, and I also discuss the biochemistry of cholesterol metabolism. This is perhaps the most important aspect since many key nutrients are made from cholesterol.
- Fresh Oil for Good Health
- This article was inspired after I was served a plate of fresh olive oil to dip my bread into at a local Italian restaurant. The restaurant owner presses his own oil in a tradition that spans several generations. The taste was unbelievable. Something that heavenly has to be good for you!
- Things You Should Know About Food and Diet and Simple_Diet_Changes
- Have you ever been confused about diets? There are tons of books on diets and each recommends something different. Every now and then the authors meet to argue with each other about their diets. To help sort this whole mess out I wrote this article that discusses the basics of nutrition. Of course being Italian I still love fresh baked bread with some healthy olive oil!
- Avoiding The Common Cold
- During the winter of 1999 many people in the United States began to get very bad colds. It was almost an epidemic. Talking about colds brings up a lot of philosophy of health. Perhaps the real reason that we don't have a cure for the common cold is that we really don't understand the true nature of disease.
- Interesting and Healthy Greens
- There are some really weird green leafy things in the produce section. This article describes a few of them.
- Should We Vaccinate?
- Vaccinations is an important issue and I recommend making an educated choice. This article presents resources about vaccinations including web sites, books, and articles.
- Healthy Hearts - The Naturopathic Approach
- This is some lecture notes on cardiovascular support, including information on homocysteine, CRP, and lipoprotein (a).
- The Naturopathic Approach to Fatigue
- Lecture notes on naturopathic approaches to diagnosing and treating fatigue with natural therapies.
- L-Theanine - A Unique Anxiety Reducer and Mood Enhancer
- L-theanine is a free amino acid found almost exclusively in tea. The calming effect of green tea may seem contradictory to the stimulatory property of tea's caffeine content but it can be explained by the action of L-theanine.
- A Naturopathic Approach to Insomnia
- The Naturopathic Treatment of Insomnia discusses the causes and natural therapies for insomnia, including valerian, skullcap, etc.
- Nutritional Support for Uterine Fibroids
- Some notes from a lecture on natural therapies for uterine fibroids.
- New Foods of the 19th and 20th Century
- New Foods of the 19th and 20th Century, contains a list of foods introduced to the market in the 19th and 20th century, by decade.
- Philosophy of Health and Wellness
- Philosophy of Health and Wellness discusses Buddism, Hippocrates, Aristotle, Galen, Paracelsus, Descartes, etc.
- Fad Diets Under Fire
- Fad Diets Under Fire summarizes the underlying research used by Dr. David Katz, nutrition columnist for Oprah Magazine.
- Homeopathy for Highly Sensitive People
- Some lecture notes on the the naturopathic approach to highly sensitive people (HSPs), with several common homeopathic remedies.
My two latest books are available available!
Medical Lab Testing