Check the Quality of Your Multiple
A high-quality multiple has high-quality ingredients. This simple quiz has you look for a few simple ingredients and see if they are the better, more expensive forms. Answer the questions then scroll down and hit the "Evaluate" button and the evaluation will appear in the text window at the bottom of the page.
- Vitamin C
- Buffered ascorbates is easier to absorb than ascorbic acid, which can cause diarrhea.
- Calcium citrate or malate are more easily absorbed than calcium carbonate. Many multiples have a mix calcium carbonate with other forms of calcium.
- Magnesium citrate is more absorbable than magnesium oxide.
- Inorganic ferrous sulfate should be avoided because it can irritate the digestive tract.
- Organic forms of selenium, such as selenomethionine or selenium yeast, are preferred over the synthetic sodium selenite.
- Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider. Information and statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.