- Dr. Steriti was trained in coaching at Landmark Education and Thomas Leonard the founder of CoachU.
- Coaching is a diffferent model than the standard medical model. In coaching, the focus is on making an inner change in the client's attitudes and beliefs that results in an outer change in what they do. The basic idea is to inspire them into positive actions.
- The conventional medical model (which most alternative practitioners practice) basically consists of an interview followed by a list of things to take (drugs, surgery, etc) and a list of things to do and not do (lifestyle changes, diet modification, exercise, etc).
- Naturopathic medicine also follows this model, except that we recommend vitamins, herbs, nutritional supplements, and homeopathy instead of drugs and surgery.
- The philosophy of naturopathy, however, shows a completely different paradigm when you examine it closely. The philosophy is much closer to coaching philosophy.
- Folding both coaching and naturopathic medicine together, based on their unique philosophy, results in a completely fresh perspective. That's why I consider myself a natural health coach.
- Although, I do realize that many people come to me for vitamins.
Fantastic new books!
Complementary and Alternative Medical Lab Testing is chock full of references for over 100 diseases.
Nutritional Genetics is also a referenced resource with sections on over 100 diseases.
Great Health Quotes has wonderful quotations about health, healing, disease, doctors, and medicine, and it's FREE.
A Brief Introduction to Naturopathy and Naturopathic Medicine describes the history and modalities. It's also FREE.